Thursday, January 12, 2012

Bitter Cold and Snow!

That is the forecast here in Southeastern, Indiana.I guess we have been lucky so far this year. We have only had one light snow, but I think that is about to change. Today it was rainy and 42 degrees. By this afternoon, temperature went down in the 20's and snow. Tomorrow we are suppose to get around 3inches of snow. Bah, Winter!
The horses, ponies and goats don't like it very much either. They have to stay in the barn. We had to drag out the blankets again. Azia got a new Burgundy colored one. She looks so pretty in it. She must like it too, because this time she didn't freak out when we put it on her.
I guess I can't complain too much, it is January,but it just makes it hard when you live on a farm and you have animals to care for. You have to make sure they stay comfortable. Oh well, I guess Spring will be here before you know it. That gives you something to look forward to.
The snow does look pretty here at Serenity Acres. I will post some pictures tomorrow, if I can get some, but for tonight I am just going to stay in here where it is toasty warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment