Friday, March 2, 2012

We Were Blessed Today!

I feel very blessed that we escaped the tornado that swept through Southeastern Indiana. It did touch down about 20 miles from our farm. It was devastating. Two people were confirmed dead in a small town nearby. My thoughts and prayers go out to all the people who lost love ones and their homes.

This is just March and  I hope this is not a sample of what is in store for us. I am very fearful of tornados. Years ago a tornado touched down about a mile from our home and our neighbors lost 2 horses. They found them in a tree. There is no way to protect the animals in the barn. We can go to the basement, but they are just in the hand's of the Lord.

I am just watching the news and in Indiana alone 13 people lost there lives and many more in Kentucky and Ohio. Whole towns were totally wiped out.I can only imagine what these people are going through. To make matters worse the temperature has dropped and the wind is very strong, which will make cleanup much harder. Alot of them have no place to go. My heart goes out to them.

If anyone is interested in helping the Red Cross is taking money donations. I believe you go to redcross.org for donations. I am also asking for everyone to pray for these poor people. I am sure their lives will never be the same after going through this horrible tragedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment