Monday, March 12, 2012

1st Cookout at Serenity Acres


Fred and Tristan getting Azia ready to ride.
Fred building goat stand.
Dan walking Azia before he rode her.
Popcorn
Goats watching Azia get saddled up.
Zoey with Peanut.
Woo with his new cool hat on backwards!
Dan on his Tennesee Walker, Mouse.
Azia kissing Alex Azia, Pablo anVision.


Yesterday was a beautiful day here in Southeastern Indiana, so we had our 1st cookout of the year.
It was a fun day! My son brought his 22 rifle and we did some target shooting. I have to say us girls did very well. I think we suprised the guys. After that, we brought out the horses and ponies. My son got on Azia for the first time and she didn't do as well as I had hoped, but of course it had been awhile since she was rode and never here on this farm. My son had back surgery about a year ago and I made him get off her. Then he got out his Tennesee Walker, Mouse and he hasn't been rode for about 2 years. I thought for sure he would act up, but he did great! We even put the kids on him. He is an awesome horse. I think Azia will be fine, she just needs alittle work and there was alot of activity going on around her.
Then it was time to get the pony and the little miniture horse out for the kids, Popcorn and Peanut. My grandaughters rode Popcorn and my 2 year old grandson rode Peanut. What a great time that was.
Fred built a new goat stand, so we had to try it out. It worked out real good for trimming hooves, because the goats were pretty much confined. It made a horrible job, less horrible.
It is always a great day, when I get to spend it with my family.
I would like to share some pictures. Hope you enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment